President Barack Obama gave his first State of the Union address since winning re-election. Here are the top quotes of the night:
1. Obama called on a divided Congress to embrace his ideas for job creation and bolstering the middle class. He called the Republican deficit plan "worse" than ideas he heard in his first term.
2. He plans to withdraw 34,000 troops from Afghanistan in the next year. In other international action, he rebuked North Korea for its most recent nuclear test and said, "Provocations of the sort we saw last night will only isolate them further."
3. Obama wants the nation's roads and bridges upgraded and called for increased spending to modernize our infrastructure.
4. The president wants an increase in the minimum wage. The last time the minimum wage was raised was six years ago.
5. He also highlighted gun issues and called on Congress to toughen gun laws in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings.
Check out Storify coverage of the State of the Union[View the story "State of the Union" on Storify]