The Linn County Commission oversaw the construction of a new bridge that was completed on December 11 at the intersection of Hyde Road and Brushy Branch in Linn county. The official ribbon cutting took place the following day.

The completion comes after several months of work which began on September 27. The cost of the project totaled $247,834. The Federal Highway Administration provided 80 percent of funding while the remaining 20 percent was covered by the Linn County credit match.

Contractor for the work was Brookfield Box and Bridge, LLC. The project was engineered by Rhodes Engineering Company, Inc. Inspection was done on December 12 with the Linn County Commission, the Missouri Department of Transportation official, contractor, adjacent property owner and engineer in attendance.