Houston Texans at Pittsburgh Steelers odds, picks and best bets
The Houston Texans (0-2) and Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0) battle at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Penn. on Sunday. Kickoff is at 1:00 p.m. ET (on CBS). Here we analyze the Week 3 matchup, including the Texans-Steelers odds, spread and betting lines and look at the best NFL betting options.
Texans at Steelers betting odds and lines
- Money line : Steelers -209 (Bet $209, win $100) | Texans +180 (bet $100, win $180)
- Against the spread/ATS : Steelers -4.5 (-110) | Texans +4.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 45.5 (O: -110, U: -110)
Texans at Steelers game notes
- The Steelers are consistent, as they have posted exactly 26 points in each of their two games.
- Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger is back after a season-ending elbow injury limited him to two games in 2019. The Steelers are averaging 254.5 passing yards per game, ranking 10th in the NFL through two weeks.
- The Steelers are 2-0 straight up/1-1 ATS, and their defense is a big part. They are No. 1 in the NFL, allowing just 66.5 rushing yards per game, and they have allowed just 305.0 total yards per game to check in third.
- Houston was humbled 33-16 by Baltimore at NRG Stadium, their second straight game against a Super Bowl contender. They opened the season Sept. 10 with a 34-20 loss in Kansas City. So far the Texans are 0-2 SU/ATS.
- The Texans have been decent against the pass, allowing just 190.0 yards per game through the air to rank third. However, they're second-to-last in the NFL, coughing up 198.0 rushing yards per game.
Texans at Steelers key injuries
- WR Brandin Cooks (quadriceps) questionable
- RB Duke Johnson (ankle) questionable
- OT Laremy Tunsil (elbow) questionable
- DE J.J. Watt (groin) probable
- WR Dionte Johnson (toe) probable
- WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) questionable
Texans at Steelers: Odds, betting lines, picks and prediction
Steelers 27, Texans 20
Money line ( ?)
The Steelers (-209) will cost you more than two times your potential return. Even though the Texans are winless so far, they still have plenty of dangerous offensive pieces capable of bringing home a W straight up. I don't see it, but it's easily possible. AVOID.
Against the spread ( ?)
The STEELERS -4.5 (-110) will need Smith-Schuster to be on the field for this one. As long as Big Ben's biggest playmaker is on the field, the home side should be in good shape. Despite a non-cover last week, Pittsburgh is 5-3 ATS in their past eight at home. Houston, on the other hand, is just 1-3-1 ATS in the past five on the road and 6-11 ATS in their past 17 tries against winning teams.
Over/Under ( ?)
The lean is slight to the OVER 45.5 (-110) in this battle. Again, it hinges on the full health of Smith-Schuster. We won't see a slam-dunk over here, and it might take a late score in the second half to get it over the finish line, but we'll see plenty of late fireworks at Heinz.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.